Tuesday 18 September 2012

If only I could live in a vintage boutique!


Sometimes I fantasize about living in a vintage boutique. ‘Set up shop’ in an actual shop. Make a bed out of an antique sofa, swapping sheets for silk shirts and featuring fur instead of feather down. Perhaps a recycled turtle neck sweater as a pillow. Each day would involve dressing myself in timeless pieces and twirling around like Marilyn Monroe (naturally, there would be an exact wig hiding amongst the headwear that conveniently captures this superstar-actress moment). My house would be a giant wardrobe and it would be my heaven. And, although clichéd, home would indeed be where my heart is, since tiny pieces of it were, long ago, delicately sewn into each stitch of every pre-loved garment. I know this because upon seeing a vintage treasure, my heart rapidly beats as if it is going to fall out of my chest; letting me know that it is trying to reach out for something it has been looking for its entire life.
As Vogue fed Carrie Bradshaw, I would dine daily on my collection of classics, their beauty and style providing more energy than any food in world. For this reason, no kitchen would be needed, nor would I need a laundry; why worry about washing when there is a new outfit to wear each day? I would live in my vintage heaven for so long that my fragrance would become Le Parfum de Grandma and I would smell like the happiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment